Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once?
I am one of those melodramatic fools, neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it.

Jul 19, 2009

The speech

You were probably too nervous yesterday to actually remember some of the things I said, so as a present (though I still owe you one :P) I'll post it here, so every time you want to relive it again, you can come take a look :)
I love you so much and yesterday was a magic night.

When Nati & John first got together we all thought it was just a fling, an infatuation that would eventually end. I think we can all admit that we didn’t imagine we would end up being here, watching them get married.

Fortunately I got the chance to spend 2 weeks with them in their new house two years ago and that’s when I realized that, not only was this as serious as it can get, but also that what they have is what, I now believe, every relationship should be like: a relationship in which they both encourage each other to keep growing not only as a couple but also as individuals and thanks to that, this new house was now a new home that they had built together.

Now I stand here as proud and happy as I can be, knowing for a fact that what they have is not only pure true movie love, but also, and more importantly so, it’s REAL, is a relationship based on confidence, respect and honesty.

When I look at you, when I’m around you I start believing again. You make me believe in true love, you make me believe that there’s still magic in the world and you make me believe that soul mates really do exist. So I’ll consider myself lucky If some day i’m half as happy as you guys are.

I hope you keep growing together as you have been all this time and I hope you accomplish every dream you have. I’m only gonna ask you to save me a seat on the front row cause I wanna share every step you take together.

LOVE YOU GUYS

No comments:

SOY GARRIK

Cuántos hay que, cansados de la vida,
enfermos del pesar, muertos de tedio,
hacen reír como el actor suicida,
sin encontrar para su mal remedio!

¡Ay! Cúantas veces al reír se llora,
Nadie en lo alegre de la risa fíe,
porque en los seres que el dolor devora,
el alma gime cuando el rostro ríe.

Si se muere la fe, si huye la calma,
si sólo abrojos nuestra planta pisa,
lanza a la faz la tempestad del alma,
un relámpago triste: la sonrisa.

El carnaval del mundo engaña tanto,
que las vidas son breves mascaradas;
aquí aprendemos a reír con llanto
y también a llorar con carcajadas.